The Bass Potato Cried

Hello you. You know I've been on anticipation-hooks awaiting the first line of The Cavorting Hippo cards completion. And here we are, y'all. Now it's time for me to sell my babies. SELLING BABIES!*

My dear Seastar is putting on a wonderful contest for me and that's probably how you got here. Good! What doing now? Well! If you would kindly look to the left side of your screen below all those "Here. Here! HERE!!!!" clickables and under the followers (oh please do follow me, but not in that snuggie-wearing sort of way) you will see a series of questions. I would looooove for you to answer those questions with the utmost honesty.

FAQ : How honest is "utmost"?

A : Well, you remember in The Princess Bride when Count Tyrone Rugen (The Six-Fingered Man) has Westley in the chamber-of-pain machine and he asks him to be completely honest about how he feels and then Westley cries? That honest. But no crying because it doesn't rate properly on the poll. I also appreciate comments and emails (rebekah.plett@gmail.com) so feel free to do all three. I will let Rachel know who has commented where if it is an email or lefted-comment. Then you can go back to Rachel's posting and comment THERE (oh this is sounding like a lot of work, but we all need the exercise) about your feelings on the questions. THEN she will be able to add you to her swarm of contesties (ha! testies) and all will be well. For the most part.

Here is some info about the Hippo Cards (which are the prize!!):

Paper: 80lb Mohawk Fine Felt Paper (which means it feels like water colour paper, ya dig)

Card Size: 6.25" x 3.25"

Envelope Size: 6.5" x 3.675" - Gray

Quantity: 6 cards + 6 envelopes

Interior: Blank

Price: $13.75 (not including shipping because I don't know where you live, right)

If you want to see the finished product all wrapped up and ready to go, you can go here. All settled? Straight forward? Everybody going to be okay? OKAY!! And go.

*No babies of the breathing-sort are actually for sale.

11 comments:

Ti said...

I love these little hippos!

ramblin'andie said...

I loved these from the first moment I ever saw them. *sigh*

DianeG said...

I love your hippo's--especially the wheeled hippo toy being watched by a duck!!!

Anonymous said...

I think those hippos are great.

Alexandra said...

I also like the weird little animals that you do. You know, the animals-not-animals... like on booksidoneread.

Dreamybee said...

These are so cute! I love the hippos on a branch. I have climbed a fair share of trees, but I have never come across one covered in hippos. *sigh*

nikki said...

I'm almost glad I've got this massive stomach ache today, because if I didn't, I would have read all these blogs all over the web, and wouldn't have stumbled upon your work via booksidoneread, because this is good! The hippos make my belly a tiny bit happier.

I especially love the tower of hippos in reach for the bird. Breaks my heart.

Helen said...

Your hippos are adorable!

Unknown said...

Delightful hippos! I love your style.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

I love purple hippos. The site I used to help moderate had a purple hippo (Bobbina) as our mascot. Hippos (at least drawings of them) are charming.

spigot said...

I love your hippos and I think anyone receiving them would smile and whoops give a little giggle!